Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
9/1998 – 11/2013Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Senior Java Developer/Software Architect at Volkswagen Pon Financial Services (freelance)
October 2012 – November 2013 (1 year)
Senior Java Developer working on a Scrum project developing webservices for internal and external use for the financial automotive market; and later software architect for a larger project in which a midoffice system was externally developed and integrated with internal systems.
- Documented the current and desired software architecture of the system landscape in UML according to the 4+1 view model.
- Initiated an 'architecture board' consisting of the ICT manager, enterprise architect, internal software architect, the product owner and the project architect (myself).
- Set up a continuous integration server (Jenkins) including code quality controls and automated testing. Introduced these concepts into the organization.
- Set up and executed load & performance tests for externally available web services.
Technologies: UML, Java 6, JEE 6, JMS, JUnit, JPA 2, SOAP, XML, XSD
Software: Enterprise Architect, IBM WebSphere 8, Rational Application Developer, Eclipse, SVN, CVS, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, XWiki
Senior Java Developer at Thales (freelance)
June 2012 – September 2012 (4 months)
Senior Java Developer working on a Scrum project developing a new product for the Naval defense market. During the three week iterations I acted regularly as Scrum Master. The product centered around a geographic information system integrated with many sources of information: defense systems, radar, naval and aircraft databases, etcetera.
Technologies: Java 6, JEE 6, JMS, JUnit, Spring, REST, REST XQ, XML, XSD
Software: Eclipse, SVN, Maven, Hudson, Jetty, Basex XML Database, Luciad Lightspeed, JMeter, Apache Camel
Technical Project Lead at LeanApps (freelance)
April 2010 – May 2012 (2 years)
LeanApps develops policy management software for life insurance companies and pension funds. As an extension to their services they offer the financial system CODA to their customers. I was initially hired to design and develop an interface between the insurance system and the financial system. This interface is currently operational for 3 customers of which the biggest has an insurance portfolio of 2.5 million insurance policies, of which 800.000 are premium paying. Besides designing and developing Java software my role included:
- Primary technical contact person concerning CODA/Crescendo issues towards customers, the suppliers and internal departments.
- Issue Management. Analysis of RFCs and issues and delegating these to the functional and technical consultants of the supplier, the helpdesk of the supplier or to internal departments/employees.
- Providing the consultants and the helpdesk of the supplier with required information, test environments and other necessities.
- Ensuring financial processes run correctly and taking appropriate action when not. Scheduling of processes, analysis of production issues and so on.
Another project I worked on was the integration of the policy management software with the Dutch government so that this information is available for Dutch citizens on mijnpensioenoverzicht.nl. This highly secure interface is currently in production for 3 pension funds.
Technologies: Java 6, JEE 6, EJB 3, JMS, JUnit, Spring, JSP, JPA, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP, Apache Axis2), XML, XSD, XMLBeans, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle performance analysis, security (2-way SSL)
Software: Eclipse, WebLogic 10.3, Oracle 10g, CODA, Crescendo, SVN, Ant, Hudson
Various freelance projects
2006 – Present
Working freelance since 2006 for a large variety of customers. Newer projects are described in more detail above; older projects I worked on include:
- Software Architect for the new webshop of a major Dutch clothing brand (Bandolera)
- Software Architect for a San Francisco based professional networking and job site
- Offshore software development consultant for a security software start-up (anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall)
- Software Architect for an open source Internet filter/parental control software
May 2005 – February 2006 (10 months)
I took a gap year to travel. I traveled overland from the Netherlands to China through Europe, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, India and Nepal.
Consultant at LogicaCMG
September 1998 – April 2005 (7 years)
I worked as a consultant for Logica (previously named LogicaCMG). Besides working on projects for their customers; I advised local management on technological developments, provided technical presales support and created and taught RUP and UML courses. Projects I worked on included:
- Process Engineer / RUP Coach for the ICT department of the Dutch police
- Technical Project Lead for the ICT department of the Dutch police
- Software Architect for the ICT department of the Dutch police
- Lead Engineer (Java/J2EE) at a major Dutch retail company (Wehkamp)
- Java/J2EE developer at several other customers
Ort: Arnhem, Niederlande
Complex large scale Java systems, UML, design patterns, security, performance, clustering, 4+1 view
Agile (Scrum, XP, test driven development), RUP, offshore project management
Java: J2EE, JEE, JSP, Spring, Struts, JMS, Eclipse, WebLogic, JPA, Hibernate, Junit
XML: XSD, DOM, SAX, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, JAXB, XMLBeans
web services: SOAP, REST, Apache CXF, Apache Axis2
SQL: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle performance analysis
security: SSL, 2-way SSL
application/web-servers: WebSphere 8, WebLogic 10.3, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache
IDE: Eclipse, NetBeans, Jdeveloper
databases: Oracle 10g, Oracle Enterprise Manager, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Developer, TOAD, Basex XML Database
messaging/ESB: Apache ActiveMQ, FUSE ESB, Apache ServiceMix, Apache Camel
continuous integration: Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
versioning: Subversion/SVN, CVS, GIT, ClearCase
testing: SoapUI, JMeter, Selenium
OS: Linux, Unix, Windows
financial products: CODA, Crescendo