Launched mobile operators in different countries.
Enterprise project management (EPM)
IT project management
Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
Telecom Egypt, Cairo
12/2016 – 12/2017Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
• Streamline overall technology operations including integration and planning for procuring telecommunications convergence equipment’s for voice, data and services over bare metal and private cloud.
• Prepare, maintain, and present updates to Technology VP for performance evaluation and quality assurance.
• Managing marketing consumer segments products launch, where TTM is a main KPI for any project/product delivery. This covers prepaid, postpaid, VAS, digital and Home ADSL, initialized by collecting marketing requirements till product in the market including interactions with decision support, budgeting, Marcom, finance, business analysis, IT, network and UAT teams.
• Major Projects launched:
4G mobile network
Project Sample (4th License in Egypt):
Launching 4G Mobile project as part of Telecom Egypt transformation program into an integrated telecom operator for first time in Egypt in 4 months (Sept 2017) for a license acquired in October 2016.
• Leading a daily war room, reporting to CEO for progress development, performance evaluation and assuring quality execution.
• Scrum mastering for a team consists of 8 PMs and 1 consultancy house (Strategy &) to achieve 4G mobile launch in 4 months with many changes in the scope during the implementation.
• Rolling-out Telecom Egypt new mobile operator, and administrating various telecommunication platforms, including covering IMS, EPC, VAS and Handsets/SIM cards.
• The Program included (introduce mobile services/products, revamp fixed service (data/voice), company reorganization exercises…etc.)
• Analysis, understand and document internal customers’ needs and pain points given the complicated work flow, as it is governmental entity.
• Develop internal and external presentations covering strategic initiatives to achieve the Business Excellency level.
• Creating and implementing KPIs to report performance internally and externally.
• Control scope, budget and execution framework.
Projektleitung / Teamleitung (IT), Projektmanagement (IT), SCRUM
Revival Pictures, Cairo
2/2013 – 11/2016Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
• Deliver my services in Egyptian and UAE markets, and rendered impeccable consultancy services for management, leadership, marketing, finance, HR, legal, fund raising and companies restructure.
• Played an integral role in restructuring and implementing policies and procedures of organizations.
• Spearheaded launching 4 diversified startups (creative agency & media production– software development– audio books portal– digital stamping reseller) in Egypt, Hong Kong and UAE.
• Implemented business development strategies in a telecommunication outsourcing company to generate new leads to analyse and resolve cash flow issue in less than 3 months.
Launching 4 start ups in 3 years.
Fund raising with total sum of EGP 6.2 Million
Resolve negative cash flow for TMX- VAS (Egyptian Telecom Subcontractor)
Open new markets, increase order repetition for the startups to support cash generation.
Enterprise project management (EPM)
11/2011 – 8/2013Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Being a part from OTMT, I was heading the activity with its 1st foreign operator at DPR Korea. Reporting directly to CEO, responsible on the technical department including deployment, O&M and Engineering.
Directed process and successfully delivered 8 times rolled out sites in 2012, and 12 times in 2013.
Introduced and delivered trial for latest technology likewise fourth carrier in 3G technology, MIMO smart antenna, roaming trial, updated models for fuel control, and ensured the availability of KPI.
Functioned as a PMO assistant to streamline and monitor the complete aspects of critical company projects starting from technical projects to financial activities.
Enhanced operational efficiency through budgeting, cost saving, limiting resources (expats) and building new towers, which resulted in exceeding organizational targets.
Secured power in the main site through overseeing site operations including managing resources, budgets and ensured deliver of project within time constraints.
Windchill (Parametric Technology Corporation)
Ort: Ain Shams University
Mega Project Management
Budgeting & Cost Reduction
Strategy & Architecture
Network/IT Development & Operations
Customer Exp. Management
• The episodic budget / BP revision and approval and the review of the overall performance in terms Operational/Business/Financial main KPIs vs. defined targets
• AS IS analysis and benchmark operational performance versus other industry players in similar markets.
• CapEx/OpEx efficient management to achieve best in class operational performance/customer experience and accomplish corporate financial & commercial targets.
• Designing improvement programs for newly acquired /owned operations.
International Industry Exposure • Deep understanding of telecom markets in various countries such as Algeria, Bangladesh, Burundi, Canada, Central African Republic, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Pakistan, and Zimbabwe.
• Due diligence and bid preparation / responses to calls for green field tender (MNOs and MVNOs) and management of acquired operators and new licenses in different countries.
• The intervention in the due diligence has included the assessment of: existing infrastructure, regulatory environment, actual and potential markets vendors’/subcontractors’ capabilities for rollout/ maintenance, availability of locally manufactured materials.
• The participation in the bid preparation has covered in particular the establishment of CapEx & OpEx parts of the business plan.
Network / IT Dev. & Operations
• Mobile network deployment (Core & Access)
• Supporting the introduction of new solutions/products
• RFI/RFQ preparation & issuance
• Bid evaluation from both technical and economic standpoints based on a 5 year Total Cost/Value of Ownership(TCO/TVO)
• Set technological roadmaps for the different network/IT subsystems/applications aiming to satisfy each operation’s specific business needs & ensure best customer experience.
• Performance assessment of vendors & subcontractors
• Monitoring of Network Performance
• IT/business services monitoring focus on customer centric rule by changing operation KPIs to business/customer experience driven KPIs such data service provisioning, activation…etc.
• Development of infrastructure lifecycle to support more agile IT, simplified business processes and less TTM.
Strategy/Transformation to DSP
• Development & execution of corporate transformation strategies towards DSP (digital service providers) specially in low ARPU emerging markets including transforming legacy/complex non efficient IT Stack to open source low cost/Agile digital service delivery setup.
• Transformation strategy includes branding, product/service offering, pricing, distribution, segmented customer services , customer retention , churn management, launch of new products/services & insourcing vs. outsourcing strategy
• Value and shareholder return maximization through enhancement of operational efficiency, cost savings, OpEx/CapEx optimization & new revenue generation in digital arena.
Mega Project Management • Management of mega/large scale transformation projects including network build /modernization, IT simplification, App/Infrastructure amplification/managed services, CRM, order management & converged billing.