CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS)
Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
British Telecom / EE, London
IT & Entwicklung
1/2013 – 12/2019Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
I have led a wide range of projects in my current role at the EE. These include an upgrade of the Infrastructure related projects across the EE.
Producing high level designs (HLD) and low-level designs (LLD) to meet EE project and strategy, as well as industry best practice.
• Project engaged in building highly available, secure and scalable 4G ,5G LTE, this involved using a combination of DNS64 and 464XLAT in conjunction with NAT64 on the CGNAT Border firewalls providing connectivity between the SGi+ interfaces of the new 5G subscriber P-GW+ and the High-Speed Internet access to the Internet Gateway Routers (IGRs).
• Project engaged designed and built the labs Entitlement Servicer into the existing stable and development environments This has enabled EE to support OneNumber across their eSIM devices & non-sim devices,the project enabled:
- Wifi calling on apple devices. (non-sim devices).
- Customer signs up for the eSIM OneNumber service via their mobile Phone.
• IP Multimedia Core Network Subsystem (IMS) project allows services such as multimedia SMS messaging and Voice over LTE (VoLTE) over IP.
• Project migrating internet traffic from Cable & Wireless/Vodafone into EE/BT providing connectivity to multiple sites using (L2VPN/pseudo wire) and L3VPN.
• Project deploying Ixia’s wireless solutions by recreating LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi in the lab for testing eNodeB to optimize the subscriber experience in the face of mobility, congestion, interference, even failures, on a city-wide scale.
• Project replacing EVAS platform with a new One-AAA solution from NSN to provide robust and scalable architecture for AAA authentication and Subscriber Database for EE 3G and LTE data connections.
• Project allowing Cell Broadcast message Wireless Emergency Alerts and Government alerts to send emergency alerts over the mobile network.
• Project deploying Cisco ASR5000 WiFi Gateway (Wifi Calling), enabling handsets to build an IPsec tunnels to ASR5K to route calls over the internet.
• Solution design, implementation of Voice over WiFi roaming intended to block a customer from accessing the VoWifi service, when outside of the UK. ‘VoWifi roaming control’ is to be achieved through a Nokia OneAAA based solution.
• Solution design, implementation of Voice over WiFi providing connectivity to/from the Mavenir provided elements of the IMS application solution to initially provide VoWiFi service to EE pre-pay customers.
• Solution design, implementation of SmartPipe content delivery to enable EE to deliver a privacy compliant, tokenised aggregated and anonymised demographic data in to the mobile advertising eco system.
• Solution design, implementation of vMMS intended to install MMS-Lite” from Mavenir. This involves creating a new MMS environment based on the existing Mavenir person-to-person MMS environment dedicated for use by IMIMobile.
• Solution design, implementation of Rural coverage solution to allows a number of low power small cell nodes (CWS) to be deployed in a meshed topology in order to extend the 3G/4G RAN coverages for voice and Data.
• Solution design, implementation of HPE Synchronization Solution (SyncS) intended to receive notifications about particular subscription changes in one of the systems, and to update another system respectively.
• Solution design, implementation of DataVPN product enabling EE business customers to transport data from their remote sites to their respective data centres or corporate headquarters.
• Solution design, implementation of BT Odyssey product allowing BT to move its MVNO operation to EE to offer private APN services to its corporate customers.
• Solution design, implementation of F5 BIG-IP 5250v ADCs - content delivery solutions to support applications – highly desired replacing Cisco ACE20 load balancing platforms.
• Worked as a member of the Detailed Design & Build team to analyse end-to-end network delivery requirements to migrate IPsec tunnels of eNBs from juniper firewall SRX5800 into Alcatel SR7750.
• Solution design, implementation of Check Point Nokia Firewalls 5200 for (OAM, M2M, SDMZ) infrastructure replacing Crossbeam.
• Solution design, implementation of OTA enables clients to remotely manage files and applets on the (U) SIM / (I) SIM / SIM in its network over the Air.
• Solution design, implementation end-to-end transport connectivity for the Mavenir AirGuard EIR solution from Ericsson.
• Solution design, implementation end-to-end transport connectivity of Unified IN Expansion for Red Knee SCP hardware with SSR, DSR, SGW, BLING and Charging nodes.
• Solution design, implementation end-to-end transport connectivity of HLR consolidation to migrate all the subscribers from legacy HLRs to HSS platform.
• Solution design, implementation end-to-end transport Inter-connectivity with Virgin Media for MVNO Diameter Signaling.
• Solution design, implementation end-to-end transport Inter-connectivity with TATA for MVNO voice and SMS over 2G/3G and data over 2G/3G/4G RAN.
• Solution design on network virtualization involved NSX platform, Dell and HPE Switches.
• Solution design of transport services for Ericsson OSS (Operations Support Systems).
• Worked on a new LAN solution/migration/integration. Deployment Cisco Nexus 7000/ 2000K.
• Designed on new customer /Provider edge migration to Cisco Nexus 7000, Juniper M960.
• Developed and documented models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and network related business initiatives.
• Developed and recommend strategies for network growth, Core network security and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment such as switches, routers, wireless infrastructure and firewalls.
• Supporting senior network/security architects/engineers and providing technical assurance throughout the low-level design and implementation project phases.
• Participates in off-hours support rotation of designated network resources. Collaborate with other Snr Network Engineers for business continuity review and execution.
Cisco Firewalls, Juniper Netscreen, CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS), Cisco (allg.)