Datawarehouse / DWH
Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
Data Science Retreat, Berlin
Hochschulen und Forschungseinrichtungen
4/2016 – 7/2016Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Participants at the Data Science Retreat in Berlin, studying analytical methods to manage complex data sources, extract knowledge and insights from data and interpret the results. Practical experience in core analytics methods such as regression, classification, dimension reduction, clustering and optimization.
Project: Forecasting next month order quantity for a wholesale fashion company. To create a forecast for next month, the history of all stores placing orders for different product groups is needed. I used SQL to access the database and store the data in CSV files. With Python the data got extracted from the file and transformed to fit a regression model. Additional features like google trend analysis, stock market changes and other economic factors were added as features to improve the accuracy of the forecast. To predict next month order quantity, I created a stacker of five ensemble models and ran a linear regression on top of it. The reported measure of error is r2: 0,93, making it a very good prediction of next month order quatity.
CBR Fashion Group (Street One & CECIL), Celle
10/2014 – 4/2016Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Successful introduction of a enterprise-wide, uniform business intelligence solution, integrating design, marketing, sales and supply chain department. Based on a in-memory Data Warehouse technology (Exasol 5) and MicroStrategy 9.5 and 10.2, standardized dashboards and documents, data-driven management of business processes.
The scope of the position:
• Introduction of MicroStrategy in 19 countries with 500 users.
• Modelling and implementaion of the analysis layer in DWH for optimized access to the dimension and fact views (Star / Snowflake schema)
• Design and Reenginieering the analysis scheme in MicroStrategy (incl. attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformations, logical tables)
• Defining authorization concept in MicroStrategy with privileges, roles and accesses to objects (ACL).
• Maintanance and upgrade of development, test and production environment for MicroStrategy 9.5.1und 10.2
• Requirement anaysis and implemenation of complex Dashboards and Report Service Documents for Web and PDF print.
MicroStrategy, Datawarehouse / DWH
Metro AG, Düsseldorf
6/2014 – 10/2014Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Requirement analysis and definition of a new Campaign Management Reporting solution for the Corporate Marketing department. With a standardized set of mobile and web-based dashboard and report, an improved and state of the art reporting solution was created to support marketing analysts and management. The integration of business relevant KPIs with campaign response data builds the data foundation of this reporting solution.
Implementation of a monthly campaign performance dashboard in MicroStrategy 9.4.1 for mobile devices (IPad & IPhone) to prodive a showcase for the management.
Business Intelligence (BI), Marketing (allg.)
Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall, Schwäbisch Hall
3/2014 – 5/2014Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Design of Credit Management Report Service Documents and Dashboards in Micorstrategy v9.2 based on Oracle 11g Data Mart.
Introduction of a new data acceptance and approval process for the controlling department. Training and knowledge transfer of MicroStrategy Data Mining techniques.
MicroStrategy, Oracle Database
METRO SYSTEMS GmbH, Düsseldorf
9/2011 – 12/2012Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Department: Business Intelligence Development and Deployment
Designed an efficient and automated Business Performance Management tool, with regards to scalability and performance based on an international DWH (Teradata V12).
Transforming business requirements into SQL queries calculating KPIs.
Review of functional specification and creation of IT concept.
Rollout of a Total-Profitability-Tool used by over 20 countries.
Design and implementation of ETL-processes (Shell,SQL) within a very large DWH architecture.
ETL, Teradata, SQL, Bash (Shell)
Bundesagentur für Arbeit, Nürnberg
9/2009 – 4/2011Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Responsible to provide information for the project plan and creating the functional and IT concepts for the migration of multiple Data Marts from Informix to SQL Server 2008, which are the data sources for the monthly press release of labour market statistics.
Lead developer for the migration of multiple MicroStrategy projects to new data sources, incl. installation and administration of development and test environments, support of UAT tests and support of business users.
Provided an efficient concept to upgrade MicroStrategy V8 to V9 incl. test environment, metadata migration and user acceptance tests.
Good knowledge of development, quality assurance and performance optimization of static, dynamic and ad-hoc reports based on user requirements in MicroStrategy with high regard of business needs.
MicroStrategy, Microsoft SQL-Server (MS SQL)
Lidl Stiftung & Co. KG, Neckersulm
1/2009 – 8/2009Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Department: Business Intelligence
Successful rollout of MicroStrategy into the subsidiary location in an international environment. First and second Level support for MicroStrategy power users.
Quality assurance as well as requirement management for the DWH system, including the analysis of requested business information and prioritizing the requirements for future releases. Analysis, development and test of data correction scripts for international DWH based on Teradata V12.
METRO SYSTEMS GmbH, Düsseldorf
1/2008 – 12/2008Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Department: Business Intelligence Deployment
• Solution Architect DWH (Teradata V6) for international data migration projects.
• Analysis of requirements and close consultation with local business teams
• Proposition of technical IT-concepts, based on business requirements
• Development of data migration scripts (SQL, BTEQ, Shell) and quality assurance
• Development and module test of data correction for DWH (SQL, BTEQ, Shell).
Datawarehouse / DWH, Teradata
WestLB AG, Düsseldorf
1/2007 – 12/2007Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Department: Credit Risk Application
• Proposition of technical concept for a secure IT-Architecture according to requirements outlined by Bafin
• Deployment of software releases and upgrades of Credit Risk applications
• Development of reporting system to monitor data exchange from credit rating agencies
• Development of Shell- and PL/SQL scripts for Oracle 11
Oracle Database, Bash (Shell)
BenQ Mobile GmbH & Co. OHG, Kamp-Lintfort
4/2006 – 12/2006Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
• Introduction of MicroStrategy 8 as the standard reporting tool for the Research & Development Software Department.
• Desing of schema object, metrics, filter, custom groups, etc.
• Successfully implementation of the Data Warehouse, including the analysis and implementation of the ETL process within the Project Planning and Controlling department using Oracle Data Warehouse Builder 10.
• Good knowledge of database design (star vs. snowflake schema, dimensions, facts and aggregation).
• First experience with analysis of customer and business requirements as well as design of user friendly reports.
MicroStrategy, Datawarehouse / DWH
(Master of Science)
MicroStrategy Data Mining and Advanced Analytics v9.3
MicroStrategy Certified Platform Administrator v9.3