Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
5/2012 – offenTätigkeitsbeschreibung
Translation of Greek site (www.airbnb.gr)
Language Quality Assurance Expert
Delivery Hero Holding GmbH, Berlin
Online food delivery
9/2011 – 3/2012Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
• Keyword research
• Writing, editing and publishing SEO content
• Backlink creation
5/2011 – 6/2011Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Identification of HR tools in order to support recruiting processes for the respective linguistic areas.
• Active research for suitable candidates and approach in business networking platforms Xing and LinkedIn.
• Pre selection of suitable candidates.
• Management of applicants and active co-determination of the recruiting process.
• Direct support of the Head of HR within different projects.
Orco SA, Athens
Telecommunications, Marketing, Tourism, Consumer Electronics, Website Localisation
7/2007 – 1/2009Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
• Researching, analyzing and understanding the Source Language text in order to accurately formulate the Target Language text in terms of content and meaning.
• Translating/Localizing the Source Text using the appropriate glossaries and
TMs accurately and consistently.
• Reconstructing the translation by checking for grammatical errors and consistency regarding terminology with the use of Quality Assurance Tools.
• Checking the stylistic form so as to conform to the norm and culture of the target language and reading ability of target readers.
• Creating query reports and participating in regular meetings to solve problems and share information with other translators on a project promptly.
• Editing the entire translation by comparing the target language against the source language (thorough check of grammar, spelling, and writing style).
• Proofreading the text without referring to the source document in order to simulate the experience of the end user and make sure all the requirements have been satisfied with high quality.
• Receiving constant training by in-house seminars and conference calls made by clients.
Freelance Translator, Athens
Tourism, SEO, Telecommunications, Web localization, Consumer Electronics
9/2005 – offenTätigkeitsbeschreibung
• Translating/localizing, editing and proofreading of
• Adapting translations as required according to subject matter and target group.
• Using a checklist for each stage (translation, proofing, editing, DTP) of the translation process to ensure that each stage meets the specific requirements of the client.
• Ensuring that translations are complete and accurate and that there are no additions or omissions to the source and target text, the original meaning and
the original feeling and intent.
• Testing of all localized documentation to confirm that is error free (spelling, accuracy, grammar, completeness) before delivery with the use of specialized Quality Assurance Tools.
Ort: University of Surrey, Guildford, England
Ort: Kingston University, London, England
• Windows 8
• MS Office 2013
• Navigation and Internet Search Skills
Software and Web Localisation Programs
• Trados 7/11
• Logoport XLIFF Editor
• Translation Workspace
• Translation Manager (IBM)
• Greek (mother tongue)
• English (Fluent)
• German (B1)
My fluent English comes as a result of an extended period of living and studying in the United Kingdom. I have completed my undergraduate and postgraduate degree at Kingston University and University of Surrey respectively. My command of both languages and my diverse work experience makes me familiar with idiomatic and formal usage of the languages.