IT Sicherheit (allg.)
Qualitätsmanagement / QS / QA (IT)
Rechnergestützten Betriebsleitsystem (RBL)
Arbeitszeit- / Gleitzeitsysteme
Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
Deutsche Bank AG, Eschborn
9/2015 – offenTätigkeitsbeschreibung
- Coordinating the remediation activities for the information security related audit findings of around 1000 global vendor contracts of the bank.
- Hands-on execution of contract changes to adapt to the ISO 27001 based new information security requirements of the bank, interfacing with the business and legal departments as well as the counterparts from the vendor organizations.
- Supporting internal initiatives to improve the contract and commercial management systems of the bank.
IT Sicherheit (allg.), Informationssicherheit, Qualitätsmanagement / QS / QA (IT), IT-Support (allg.), Rechnergestützten Betriebsleitsystem (RBL), Management (allg.), Führungssysteme, Arbeitszeit- / Gleitzeitsysteme, Auditor, Public Relations, Wirtschaftsprüfung, Lieferantenmanagement (allg.)
Akbank AG, Frankfurt am Main
12/2012 – 12/2014Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
- Head of IT department and a direct report to the bank’s CEO.
- Management of around 25 IT vendors (of which 10 being critical).
- Coordination and relationship management of all internal and external IT auditors (German and Turkish banking regulatory bodies, Akbank T.A.Ş. and Akbank AG internal audits).
- Sparring partner to board and other departments in all operational IT matters.
- Overall architecture and security governance of the IT landscape, which involves cloud services used by the bank and the headquarter in Turkey.
- IT purchasing.
- Business continuity management.
- Project portfolio management.
- Maintenance of the following: a small onsite data center, desktop infrastructure, core banking platform and related management information systems.
- In addition, in charge of selection, control and relationship management for all vendors as being the Outsourcing Officer of the bank.
BOARD, IT Sicherheit (allg.), IT Portfoliomanagement, Qualitätsmanagement / QS / QA (IT), Architektur (allg.), Rechnergestützten Betriebsleitsystem (RBL), Installation / Montage / Wartung (allg.), Management (allg.), Betriebskontinuitätsmanagement (BKM), Outsourcing, Auditor, Public Relations, Wirtschaftsprüfung, Dienstleistung (allg.), Einkauf (allg.)
Alfa Bank/Vimpelcom, Raunheim, Moscow
10/2010 – 12/2012Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
To lead project from Sybase side till full successful launch into production. The Sybase project team (total 20 resources) included local resources in Germany, performance test team in U.S.A., 2 subcontractor firms located in Germany and India.
- Coordinated the effort of two Sybase subcontractor firms in Germany and India for design and development/customization of the quite complicated software requirements, based on Sybase Mobiliser Platform.
- Managed all aspects of the Sybase involvement in the system integration and performance tests that has been performed by the partner system integrator firm in Russia, spread over multiple environments.
- Coordinated the support effort for the user acceptance tests, which has been performed by Vimpelcom in Russia.
- Successfully assisted the first productive launch of the system Russia wide.
10/2010 – 8/2011Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
To lead project from Sybase side till successful launch and acceptance of the pilot product by Citibank, as well as giving service management oversight to the productive system post launch.
- Took over the project management during code development phase, whereby the project team included three local (Germany) resources and a development team of three in U.S.A.
- Supported the setting up and execution of system integration and user acceptance tests at two different client locations.
- Coordinated release management with the client.
- Managed the Citi Data Center - Sybase Hub setup for the messaging subcomponent.
- Coordinated the Sybase activities associated with the bank’s handover of the Sybase Mobiliser Platform to their production support team.
5/2010 – 9/2010Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
To set the project up and lead the Germany phase till offshore User Acceptance Test starts.
- Prepared Statement of Work and supporting contractual agreements together with the sales team.
- Initiated the project, set up the project team and aligned offshore development teams.
- Agreed and baselined the project plan.
- Agreed with the bank managers on the overall test strategy.
- Coordinated the offshore software development as well as onsite parametrization and early functional tests in Germany.
- Planned the User Acceptance Test with the client and handed the project over to the offshore project manager in India pre UAT start.
AXA Bank, Köln
10/2009 – 4/2010Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Coordination of the startup and scoping related activities and designing the future solution architecture for the project to implement an internet bank for Germany.
- Initiated the project via coordinating the client, system integrator and Oracle project teams.
- Coordinated the activities for the project scoping and business requirements capturing
- Did project planning for the implementation project together with the system integrator managers.
- Directed the solution architecture design activities.
6/2009 – 10/2009Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Led the project from the initiation phase till successful Go-Live.
- Agreed the contractual changes and the project plan with the client.
- Coordinated the requirement gathering and documentation phase which involved the client, hosting firm, onsite and offshore Oracle resources.
- Monitored offshore development and coordinated onsite preparation activities for User Acceptance Tests.
- Managed user and operational acceptance tests as well as the successful release to production.
10/2008 – 6/2009Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Led the project from the initiation phase till successful Go-Live.
- Took part in the contract negotiations and initiated the project.
- Set up the onsite Oracle project team of 10 people.
- Did estimations and project planning; the project involved the onsite implementation team, 2 offshore (India) development groups, onsite client team and the third party hosting company.
- Coordinated a time critical requirement gathering phase.
- Planned and agreed on the overall solution architecture including all external interfaces.
- Contributed to the finalization of overall test strategy along with test managers.
- Interacted with the client and the hosting company project managers on a daily basis throughout the project.
- Monitored and reported the progress to stakeholders till project closure.
Bank of Scotland, Berlin
5/2008 – 10/2008Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Coordinated the planning and proper execution of the complex test phases together with the test managers from the bank and the third party firms. In the later phases of the project took the responsibility of the service management part.
- Agreed on and planned the following test phases with the counterparty test managers: User Acceptance, Integration, Security, Performance and Breakpoint Testing.
- Coordinated the execution of those test phases on a day to day basis in the 3 project locations.
- Interacted with the offshore technical experts to resolve several issues.
- In the later stages of the project, took the coordination of the service management as part of the transition to the support phase.
- Worked on the implementation of the incident, change and release management procedures together with the counterpart service managers.
5/2007 – 4/2008Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Led the functional and technical testing teams for the NCS Release 2 where several locations based and telematics services were being introduced.
- Coordinated the functional and technical (performance, operation readiness) test teams (8 Accenture resources) for the whole Release 2.
- Coordination effort included the following tasks: Test planning, selection of the test management software, setting up the test environments (established in NAVTEQ’s Chicago office), test conditions and scripts preparation, test execution and reporting.
- Acted as the counterpart to the client’s Test Coordinator.
Deutsche Börse, Frankfurt am Main
10/2006 – 5/2007Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Project Lead for the Acceptance Project for the CCP 3.2 Release where processing of Eurex deliveries resulting from UK products are integrated into the existing CCP platform. The core project team involved 6 resources in Germany and 4 resources in England.
- Coordinated the creation of the acceptance test approach in coordination with various business departments of Deutsche Börse.
- Planned 3 consequent test phases spread over 6 months which are having different test content and to be executed on different technical environments.
- Coordinated the end-to-end test execution, covering 12 systems connected to the CCP core platform, involving Germany and England as main locations
- Represented the project status in weekly Issue, SIR and Status meetings.
Bank Austria Creditanstalt Leasing, Wien
6/2006 – 10/2006Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Coordinated the development activities for the subproject "Frontend” where a new J2EE based front-office-tool for the Bank’s sales force is introduced. The tool is developed mainly by a subcontractor, which had dedicated onshore and offshore resources.
- Took responsibility for a mixed team (Accenture + client + subcontractor).
- Did estimations and detailed project plan for the development activities.
- Acted as an interface between the related functional and technical teams of the client and the subcontractor firm.
- Coordinated and monitored the technical design and the implementation.
Dresdner Bank, Frankfurt am Main
2/2006 – 5/2006Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Worked on process improvements for the Requirement Gathering & Analysis Team and initiated the implementation of an IT Governance model.
- Analyzed the existing process flow of the Requirement Gathering Team and produced optimization/improvement strategies.
- Created “As-Is” and “To-Be” checklists, process descriptions and process flows.
- Coordinated the IT Governance software selection effort by defining selection matrixes and organizing briefing sessions with the possible vendors and the bank’s senior management.
Hellmann Logistics, Osnabrück
1/2006 – 2/2006Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Conducted a technical architecture review for the DigiDispo application.
- Interviewed the key client personnel from various departments.
- Did analysis on the current situation, considering the Host system (AS400), the handheld devices that are used by scanning and data transfer, the communication servers and the WLAN/GPRS/internet network infrastructure.
- Did benchmarking for other possible handheld devices.
- Wrote the review document and presented the results to the CIO of the client.
Allianz Global Risks, Munich
9/2005 – 1/2006Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Worked on various design documents for the successful completion of the RFP package together with a mixed team of client and Accenture personnel.
- Worked on the functional design for the Workflow Management System, which would be used not only by the underwriting area but for other modules that will be incorporated later on.
- Created functional designs for “Historization” and “Roles & Access Rights” concepts.
Johnson Controls, Burscheid
11/2004 – 9/2005Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Led a team of 5 people for the development of a custom build workflow application which is used to manage invoice approvals in the area of Accounts Payables.
- The application is built on Microsoft .NET technology having 1000 users, handling 4000 new invoices per day and used by 80 plants across Europe.
- Approvers, managers, plant controllers at the plants as well as clerks and administrators in Shared Service Centers access the application with different use cases.
- The dynamic distribution of invoices to the clerks in Service Centers is done with a complex batch algorithm.
- Worked with client functional experts to incorporate the functional input.
- Developed the technical architecture and database design for the application.
- Managed and tracked progress of the application development in a very dynamic environment with frequent change requests from the client.
- Developed rollout approach including conversion from previous environment.
- Worked with end users in plants for issue resolution.
- Coordinated the selection process of the offshore contractor for the application maintenance.
DekaBank, Frankfurt am Main
9/2004 – 11/2004Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Coordinated work planning and setup phase of the new release (addition of campaign handling) for the Konditionenmodell application.
- Made feasibility studies to change requests that form the content of Release 2 with a client team.
- Did the detailed project plan for the implementation team.
- Extended the technical design of the application based on the agreed functional requirements.
DekaBank, Frankfurt am Main
1/2004 – 9/2004Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Worked in various subprojects for DekaNet as developer.
Applications were written using J2EE technologies on BEA WebLogic server, communicating with the host system of the bank and other Oracle databases.
- Did technical design and implementation of the “Emergency Services” to replace the functionality of DekaNet trading application in cases of downtimes.
- Implemented several SOA based DekaNet business services as part of the DekaNet application.
- Did work planning and implementation for components of the DekaNet Trading Prototype in a team of 4 developers.
DekaBank, Frankfurt am Main
8/2003 – 1/2004Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Led a mixed team of Accenture and client employees to develop the application.
“Konditionenmodell” is a custom build, web based rule engine on J2EE architecture using BEA WebLogic server with an Oracle database, enabling the bank employees to define consistent rules to affect the pricing and compensation of the investment funds.
- Made the Technical Design (involving execution architecture and the database design) for the tool.
- Coordinated work among the development team (client and Accenture).
- Designed and implemented a very complicated batch job for data extraction from the web application into the bank’s host system.
- Coordinated the successful rollout phase to the production system.
Accenture Financial Services Delivery Center, Frankfurt am Main
10/2002 – 8/2003Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Responsibility (Development Team Lead):
Worked on several consequent releases of the application as the development team lead.
PMO@Internet is a web application for Project Management and Reporting. It is built on .NET (C#) technology, involving complicated stored procedures. The integrated Reporting part is based on Crystal Reports. The functional modules are:
- Risk, Issue, SIR, Change Request Management; Deliverables, Milestone and Time Tracking via Microsoft Enterprise Project Management and Project Central.
- Status Reporting for the above mentioned areas.
- Coordinated the development team for the design, development and the documentation of the application.
- Took part in the process of transforming the application as a standard asset in Accenture Delivery Tools, which is now used by many projects around the world at Accenture.
Responsibility (Database Administrator):
Maintained the DBMS (SQL Server 2000) for different clients (that are using the PMO@Internet) which were hosted in Financial Services Delivery Center as well as for the development team.
Deutsche Börse, Frankfurt am Main
11/2001 – 10/2002Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Member of Functional Design Team (11/2001 - 03/2002)
- Analyzed and categorized the field and request validation functions of the member and clearing supervision requests.
- Created mapping tables for member and clearing supervision requests to the entities and attributes of the preliminary physical data model.
Member of Gross Delivery Management Build Team (03/2002 - 05/2002)
- Wrote partial designs for the trade manager and trade inquiry functionalities.
- Implemented stored procedures in Oracle RDB database for the trade manager.
- Made the technical design for the concurrent access to the joined tables of the database via timestamps.
Member of Product Test Team (05/2002 - 10/2002)
- Created a complete test model for Settlement Instruction Data Carrier process.
- Executed the 2nd and 3rd cycles of Settlement Instruction Data Carrier and Cash Management tests under Deutsche Börse Systems Acceptance observance.
- Supported the creation of the final test binders for Gross Delivery Management and Cash Management that are required for the final sign-off.
- Supported the team that handles the regression test cycle 'Business Scenarios' in test modeling and test execution.
Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt am Main
4/2001 – 8/2001Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Member of Development Team
- Took part in the build team for the Trading/Accounts area.
- Created new and edited existing static .html and .jsp pages at the presentation layer of the Maxblue site.
- Did bug fixing in Java for Portfolio and Trading sub modules.
- Did Unit Testing of these implemented changes.
- Worked on the content management software for label generation, due to the internationalization of the application.
Contract and commercial management.
Technology, architecture and security governance.
Business continuity management.
Functional/technical test design, plan, coordination and execution.
Programming (C#, Java, J2EE, SQL), RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server) and technical architecture know-how for the client-server / web / mobile applications.
- 18 years of profound “IT Consulting”, “Project Management” (PMP certified), “Line Management” and "Vendor Management" experience acquired via working at and leading challenging assignments in 8 countries.
- Completed 20+ projects with “Application Development”, “Packaged Software Implementation” and “System Integration” focus, predominantly in the financial services industry.
- Hands-on manager with a habit and a track record of getting the right things done.
- Engineering background with an MBA degree.