Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
Vodafone Global, Düsseldorf
10/2013 – 10/2014Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
During this role I was responsible for the following generic project management activities:
• Managing large cross culture and virtual project teams across the telecom domain, in multiple countries out of Technical Experts, Product Managers, Project Managers, Quality and Test Managers, Finance and Operations.
• Integration Management: identify, define, and combine the various processes and Project Management activities in order to bring the project into the organization.
• Governance: Establishing strong and mature governance in the organization and reporting to the director level on a weekly basis.
• Risk Management: qualitative, quantitative and mitigation strategy
• Time & Cost Management: define schedule and cost baseline, budget planning and
• Quality Management: defining standards, running audits, quality control and assurance.
These generic responsibilities, were applied in various projects such as:
• Vodafone Updates:
Setup Wizard for customized and non-customized devices and Notifications solution:
The roll out of Vodafone Consumer Journey Preposition in more than 10 countries: E2E project manager, responsible for development, acceptance, deployment, go-to- market strategy of Vodafone Setup Wizard for customized and non-customized devices and Notifications solution in countries such as: Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, Hungary, Albania, South Africa. I as well, initiated individual kick off meetings/workshops for UK, Czech Republic, Malta, Turkey and India, in order to ensure that an accurate assessment is made, before the project is actually kicked-off. (For example: no technical limitations, nor legal constraints are in place, that can prohibit the project’s continuity)
• Vodafone Start Setup for Android:
Vodafone Start Setup represents the OOBE of Vodafone services on a newly bought Vodafone Customized Android device. Being a one single distribution channel for all Vodafone services (local and global), Start Setup, due to its huge complexity, shows that a meticulous planning for integrating all Vodafone services into one place is needed.
If I need to describe in one sentence, what my responsibility within this project was, I would simply say that my main responsibility was to make this integration happen. Following the gate approval process, in between every each gate approval I was responsible for the following tasks:
Support, monitor and control the deliverables of documents such as: Product and Technology Brief, Business Case, Requirements document, Use case document.
During these 2 gates I facilitated the work of UX team and technology, by organizing several workshops and brainstorming sessions together with the Product Owner, in order for the main stakeholders to understand how the product will look like and what its functionality will be, covering all possible and impossible use cases and corner cases.
Design the E2E project plan.
Monitor and Control the deliverables of UE Specification and Measurement Guideline Document, Wireframes Document and Low level design Document.
This phase represents the development phase, deployment phase, testing phase and product launch phase.
After stakeholders and sponsors have approved G2, development is starting. My responsibility was to monitor the development phase, to make sure that all tools are deployed on time, on the right environment, in order to facilitate the DEV QA testing activity, to monitor and control the QA testing activities and to prepare the go-to- market strategy, once the client has been accepted.
• Vodafone Vanilla Device Customization (VDC) for Samsung:
Vanilla Device Customization - aka VDC, represents the OOBE of Vodafone services on a Samsung vanilla device prompted to a Vodafone customer only, when a Vodafone SIM card is inserted in that respective Samsung vanilla device. The verification of being a Vodafone customer was made possible by implementing additionally, a trigger in the device firmware.
E2E project manager, responsible for development, acceptance, deployment on both Global and Samsung’s side, go-to-market strategy of VDC for Samsung in Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland, Netherlands, Romania and Albania.
• Vodafone Vanilla Device Customization (VDC) for HTC:
VDC represents the OOBE of Vodafone services on a HTC vanilla device, prompted to a Vodafone customer only, when a Vodafone SIM card is inserted in a HTC vanilla device. The verification of being a Vodafone customer was made possible by implementing additionally, a trigger in the device firmware and configuring the HTC COTA server.
E2E project manager, responsible for development on Vodafone Global side, as well as on monitoring the status quo on the OEM side regarding the trigger implementation, quality acceptance, deployment on both Global and HTC side, go-to-market strategy of VDC for HTC for Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland and Netherlands.
• Vodafone Updates:
Setup Wizard for customized and non-customized devices (VDC) for Phablet and Tablet devices:
Vodafone Updates is a Vodafone application with the main functionality of being a distribution channel for all the other Vodafone Global and Local applications.
In order for the application to adapt to the various smartphones screen sizes, such as the screen of a phablet or tablet (change to landscape view), additional client development was needed to improve the product’s look and feel.
Mainly I was responsible to define the activities to the required stakeholders (UX team to develop the required client assets, Technology to develop the new client including the new assets, UX QA to verify and provide the client acceptance, Business As Usual (BAU) team to update and include the new client in the device embedding roadmap), as well as monitoring and controlling that the deliverables are sent within the agreed project scope, time and costs.
• Notification Enabler:
Vodafone Notification Enabler is a global enabler for native/push/in-app notifications using the APIGee Platform, for all 3 main operating Systems: iOS, Android and Windows Phones.
During my assignment to this project, in addition to the common governance around a OnePEP project, I supported the Product Owner and Technology team, by organizing several technical workshops with the APIGee engineers, several brainstorming sessions to facilitate defining the final product and the finalization of the low level solution design.
I as well, closely collaborated with different other Vodafone Global and Local prepositions to understand their application delivery roadmap and try to map our technical readiness with their deliverables, especially regarding Notification Enabler SDK development, needed to be integrated into these different prepositions applications. Which in the end would have given the ‘in-app notifications’ functionality to different applications.
Reporting, Service Management, Android, Projektmanagement (IT), PMO (IT), User Experience (UX)
Vodafone Global, Düsseldorf
8/2010 – 9/2013Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
My main responsibility was to lead and coordinate the Vodafone Consumer Journey team in delivering the Vodafone Consumer Journey preposition applications to 8 Vodafone Markets within the timelines and the quality gate criteria.
• Define the best strategy for validating the software against the requirements having in mind the priorities and the timelines for each Vodafone Market that is in scope.
• Estimate resources needed to complete the work package.
• Estimate costs needed to complete the Business Case.
￼￼￼• Establish a clear communication with the Product Delivery Manager, Product Owner, Project Manager and the Vodafone Markets for a good understanding of the expectations and the scope for the testing performed by the QA team.
• Proactively proposing new features for the product based on feedback received from internal customers, personal experience and research done on the product’s market.
• Implement quality standards, process and metrics having as scope the best customer experience.
• Analyze the work data and continuously improving the team performance and the quality of the product.
• Deliver performance reports during the project execution period to the stakeholders
Reporting, Qualitätsmanagement / QS / QA (IT), ISTQB, APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI)
Aba Software SRL, Timisoara
2/2008 – 7/2010Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Aba Software was my own startup business in the consultancy area, meant to place consultants to various IT companies in Romania and abroad. The purpose was to support junior consultants or newly graduated students and to help them develop, in a market where the competition makes its own rule.
Some of my responsibilities were:
• To place a consultant and monitor that the transactions with the final customer are accurate and policies are followed, according with the contractual agreements in place.
• I was responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with the provider and suppliers, according with the high level agreements in place.
￼• I was seeking to improve the customer portfolio.
• I was doing secretarial activities and accountant activities.
Projektleitung / Teamleitung (IT), IT-Strategieberatung
(Applied Informatics in Economy)
• Product Delivery Management: Planning, Stakeholder Management,
Coordination, Monitoring and Controlling, Quality Acceptance.
• Test Management: ISTQB, Test Planning, Integration Test, E2E Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Test, Friendly User Trial.
• Mobile Networks:UMTS/GPRS/GSM
• Internet and Mobiles ervices
• OperatingSystems:Windows,Linux,MacOS,iOS,Android,BlackBerryOS. • OfficeApplications:MSOffice,MSProject,MSPowerPoint
• Big data: Splunk,Trends
• Project workflow:Confluence,Jira.Sharepoint
• Quality assurance tools: Quality Center.
• Build tools:Jenkns
• Communication skills
• Intercultural Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Finance and Banking