Senior Automation Engineer -DevOps/ Cloud/Virtualization
- The Automation Engineer is responsible to quickly and accurately analyze and understand the automation needs, create a technical solution based upon deep technology expertise, industry knowledge, automation experience and creative, collaborative thinking.
- This role is responsible for defining and designing solutions, documenting and communicating these solutions and building consensus around the solution.
- This role requires technical expertise in multiple automation and management platforms such as: Chef, Puppet, vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), Solarwinds, Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana (ELK).
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of automation tools leveraging several technologies, primarily vRA, vRO and Chef.
- Responsible to align the technology solutions with business requirements to ensure customer success.
- Must have experience building and deploying automated solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of the IT industry and different technical solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to other development teams to build collaborative solutions.
- Effectively gather requirements from all appropriate sources
- Analyze existing solutions to understand existing performance and functionality
- Develop clear and accurate documentation of the existing solutions and requirements
- Develop technical solutions that meet the customer requirements, meet security baselines, are cost effective, align with our overall technical roadmap, and integrate well with the existing infrastructure
- Document technical solutions, drive consensus around these with effective communication and outreach.
- Help develop project schedules and budgets
- Delivering Automation projects that meet all of the requirements put forth by the Engineering, Security and Quality - Management teams on time and on budget
- Building strong, cross functional relationships to guide the development of technical requirements.
- Building Minimum 5 years' working experience in any of the following roles
- Systems Engineer or Architect
- Systems Automation/Tools Developer/DevOps Engineer
- Cloud/Virtualization Engineer
- Minimum 3 Years developing technical solutions for automation
- Expertise with the following technology areas (must have):
- Virtualization: VMware, ESX, vCOPS
- Automation: vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, Chef, Jenkins
- Experience with the following (Should have)
- Cloud technologies: AWS components
- Operating systems: Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Windows Server
- Infrastructure: Knowledge of infrastructure environment: Server, Storage, Network, Database, Middleware, etc.
- Experienced working on cross-functional teams/projects (on time, on spec, on quality and on budget)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to peers
- Strong hands-on personality, results-oriented, pragmatic, high quality standards, ability to multi-task
- Experience in delivering large scale, secure and reliable services
- Bachelor or master's Degree in the field of Biology/Chemistry or Equivalent
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical, Academic or Biotech company will be an advantage
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- Fluent in German (good to have)
Reference No.: 917325NC
Role: Senior Automation Engineer
Location: Basel und Region, Switzerland
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Till 31/12/18 (Strong possibility of extension)
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV.
Contact us for further information regarding our company, our positions or our attractive payroll-only-program.
Als registriertes Mitglied von freelance.de können Sie sich direkt auf dieses Projekt bewerben.