EU-Commission: Technical Expert (m/w/d) in Brussels (ongoing project)
Than we’ve got some good news for you!
Our client the EU Commission promotes the general interest of the EU by proposing and enforcing legislation as well as by implementing policies and the EU budget. Currently they are looking for a Java Developer and you have the chance of being part of their team.
The following project will be located in Brussels and will run for four years.
As it is an ongoing project you can start flexible.
You will receive a PC connected to the intranet and internet. A normal working day corresponds to 8 hours (40 hours per week).
The Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT) is within the Commission department responsible for providing digital services that support other Commission departments and EU institutions in their daily work, also they support the collaboration of the public administrations in EU member countries.
Within DIGIT.D.3, the DISS (Digital Identity and Signature Services) sector provides solutions in the field of identity and access management and electronic signature. The main services are:
• EU Login that provides web single sign-on and implements several single-factor and multi-factor mechanisms for accessing applications;
• CEF eID that provides an open source reference implementation of the eIDAS specifications allowing national eID solutions to interoperate one with another;
• UUM&DS that complements EU Login and CEF eID with an authorisation and delegation solution in order to allow companies throughout Europe to consume customs, taxation and excise services cross-border;
• EU Sign that provides advanced and qualified electronic signatures services;
• CEF eSignature that provides an open source reference implementation of the eIDAS specifications allowing creating and validating electronic signatures that have a legal value throughout the European Union.
• Main activity – Architecture, design, implementation, support and operation of solutions in the field of IT security, more specifically identity and access management;
• Provision of expert advice and assistance on identity and access management related matters;
• Participation in technical working groups;
• Production of technical documents and studies.
Knowledge and Skills:
You will join a team where internal coaching will be provided in order to build expertise in Java, IT security, secure coding and identity and access management. As a prerequisite, you are expected to have the following knowledge and skills:
• Java Enterprise
• Web concepts
• Oracle Weblogic Server
• Backend development techniques
• Python & Jython
• Databases, directories and transactions
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Knowledge of French is an asset
• Ability to integrate in an international/multi-cultural environment
Additionally, you are expected to have an interest and at least a theoretical background in one or more of the following areas:
• Authentication and Authorisation
• Web Security
If you are interested in an attractive and challenging project, then don’t hesitate and contact me.
Als registriertes Mitglied von freelance.de können Sie sich direkt auf dieses Projekt bewerben.