Archiviertes Projekt - Senior Linux Server Engineer
Firmenname für PREMIUM-Mitglieder sichtbar
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure best practice implementation of core server and infrastructure application technologies. To manage and evolve the existing technologies within sphere of responsibility to ensure a secure, supportable and highly available environment. Responsible for providing a stable infrastructure, network, database and infrastructure application environment for a range of applications as assigned. Additional responsibility is to ensure the maintenance and operations of the corporate backup platform. The technologies involved are located across two remote data centres (in Zurich and Basel) with extensions to regional offices.
In addition, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining business-critical infrastructure applications and their dependencies as assigned. This includes involvement in developing forward-thinking processes ensuring the reliability and suitability to business of these applications across various industry-leading hardware technologies. Requirement to be flexible and have a desire to learn new technologies as the role requires. Strong knowledge required of industry best practices for the systems being supported.
* Broad understanding of IT best practice and its application in a business environment.
* Sound understanding of latest trends in technology, customer and vendor management.
* Practical experience of participating in IT initiatives.
* Excellent customer management skills.
* An understanding of and an ability to follow change management procedures
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
* Ability to actively work to support culture change initiatives and tackle cultural barriers.
* Good overall knowledge of the dependencies and how they interact, e.g. with regard to the technologies involved in core server, networking, database and application technologies
* Ability to provide third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment.
* Readiness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekend.
* Fluent in English (oral and written), with a second language (German, French or Italian) desirable.
The core technical requirements are as follows
* Good knowledge in backup solutions ideally Avamar or NetWorker
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration experience
* Systems management & provisioning using Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules
* Strong knowledge in automation using Ansible and Ansible Tower
* Configuration management using Puppet
* Knowledge in container technology and container orchestrator such as OpenShift
* Using Red Hat Identity Management
* Systems monitoring, ideally Nagios and Prometheus
* Scripting, ideally Python and Perl
* Graduate diploma or degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline and/or relevant qualification in IT.
* At least five years' work experience.
* Red Hat Certified Professional
Als registriertes Mitglied von freelance.de können Sie sich direkt auf dieses Projekt bewerben.
Sie suchen Freelancer?
Schreiben Sie Ihr Projekt aus und erhalten Sie noch heute passende Angebote.jetzt Projekt erstellen »