AWS infrastructure, Serverless, Microservices.
Software development languages:
Ruby, Go, Python, NodeJS.
Terraform, Docker, Chef, AWS, GCP.
Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
11/2019 – 4/2020Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Building a scalable and reliable generic pipeline.
Hit the ground running, together with other experienced engineers we've clarified internal customers' expectations, outlined SLOs, target metrics and brought a solution from ground to production-scale readiness.
Technologies: Fluentd, Python, AWS, Terraform, Splunk, Jenkins.
DevOps (allg.), Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
12/2017 – 10/2019Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
As a part of a core Infrastructure team at Babbel, I'm responsible for the stability and reliability of its cloud infrastructure.
My everyday field is AWS, however, I did some big scope of work in the GCP too.
Contributed to open source; Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Chef).
Core development languages:
- Ruby (for apps and scripts);
- Go (for AWS Lambda functions and Terraform add-ons);
Moreover, I've done a few dozens of workshops on Infrastructure and Serverless related topics and actively participate in the hiring committee.
Continuous Delivery (CDE), DevOps (allg.), Software Architektur / Modellierung, Back-End Entwicklung, Docker, Go (Programmiersprache), Node.js, Ruby, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ruby on rails
9/2017 – 8/2018Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Responsibilities: Working in a cross-functioning team side by side with different stakeholders in order to deliver the best experience to the end-users.
- Successfully delivered expected scope on major release dates even under tough circumstances;
- Gave a set of workshops about AWS and Terraform for colleagues;
- Gave few tech talks on Babbel hosted meetups and externally;
- Was responsible for all hiring and stakeholder communication during the long
Engineering Manager absence;
- When was needed, took care of different technologies from other teams, such as Python Flask, Node.js Lambdas, Golang, Kibana based analytics, and others, wherever my impact was needed.
Software Architektur / Modellierung, Software Design, Go (Programmiersprache), Node.js, Python, Ruby, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
8/2016 – 9/2017Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Key achievements so far:
1. Made a big impact by finishing the communication subsystem refactoring project.
2. Implemented flexible communication prioritization system.
3. Successfully finished almost dead search specific project.
4. In short, time developed data-driven MVP of statistics project.
5. Was in the first team, who adopted Docker and moved to Kubernetes.
Technologies: Ruby, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes.
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Ruby, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes
5/2016 – 7/2016Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Writing business features,
Optimizing code quality,
Web performance optimization (BackboneJS),
Leading a small team of 2 developers
for 2 eCommerce-projects based on Ruby on Rails and Backbone.js.
Projektleitung / Teamleitung (IT), Ruby, Backbone.js, Full-Stack, Ruby on rails
10/2012 – 5/2016Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
I founded this company in 2012, and we were primarily doing software development outsourcing and consultancy.
In 2015 focused on federal Digital market and became a web-production company.
- Work with major Russian agencies and integrators (Pichesky, Artus, Diasoft),
- Places in Tagline global ratings.
- 30 employees at the peak.
- Successfully completed a few projects for the government.
My areas of responsibility:
- Business development, networking.
- Hiring and interviewing technical specialists.
- Mentoring direct reports.
- Managing projects (using Kanban and Scrum methodologies).
- Architecture design.
- Engaged in development.
Totally we made more than 40 projects in different areas: e-commerce, e-gov, e-learning, saas.
6/2011 – 10/2012Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
I had to work with different type of projects in different teams. Main technologies was Ruby on Rails and Backbone.js. Had one project with Meteor.js on support.
Among a lot of tiny (40-80hrs) projects and support projects there was few big & interesting:
- CruiseChannel.de. My role: fullstack developer. Techs: Ruby on Rails, Mysql.
- Detstvoshop.ru. My role: fullstack developer, team leader. Techs: Ruby on Rails, Spree, Mysql.
- Battlekeys.com. My role: fullstack developer, team leader. Techs: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL.
- RealtyIsp. My role: contributor. Techs: Cloud9, Meteor.js, Angular.js, MongoDB.
MongoDB, Node.js, Ruby, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AngularJS, Ruby on rails
6/2010 – 9/2011Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
As system administrator: Automizing processes with Bash and Ruby scripts, maintaining servers and local network.
Worked on two big USA-based projects:
- Pack of Facebook games with big backend part.
- CRM system.
CRM Beratung (allg.), Bash (Shell), Ruby, Ruby on rails
Ort: Kazan, Russia
Love doing both infrastructure work and coding. Main expertise in AWS.
My technology stack:
- Ruby (Rails 2 - Rails 5, Grape, Hanami, Sinatra);
- Go, Python;
- Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB);
- AWS infrastructure management (S3, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, LEX, DynamoDB, Kinesis, etc)
- NodeJS (AWS Lambda, ExpressJS);
- Terraform, Docker, Chef.
- React Native.
I worked as a DevOps engineer, a developer, as a sysadmin, as a team leader, and as CTO, hence I also have developed strong communication skills, as well as a deep tech T-Shaping. Currently, my role implies following the DevOps practices and working with cloud infrastructure and application's platform, as well as educating and helping feature teams to adopt new practices and tools in order to better and faster achieve their goals.
During my career, I had multiple times situations where I had to jump in into unfamiliar stacks or technologies and I see the ability to do so as my forte. I have a great experience with profiling and performance optimization of Ruby-based Microservice applications. Also, I adopt the Serverless approach and think it is the future and I have an experience of building a production-ready application, using this paradigm.
Soft skills part:
I feel at ease working in autonomous teams, collaborating with different stakeholders. At my current place, I have a positive experience working with R&D departments, designers, marketing and remote contractors. I love doing presentations and sharing knowledge, I did a few talks on Berlin meetups and plenty of tech presentations in the companies I worked for. Last year I've also done a workshop about Terraform on Berlin DevOpsDays conference. I have experience in interviewing, mentoring and onboarding of new team members.