Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
6/2013 – offenTätigkeitsbeschreibung
On June 2013, I accepted a job in Germany as Oracle Architect for Isban. This job requires a deep knowledge of Oracle Architecture, Oracle Software and Oracle internals. It was a great opportunity to know other cultures, learning German. Main Tasks:
- Advanced Installation and configuration of Oracle Products on Development environments. These environments are focus on the Santander business in Germany.
- Architecture Definition: I am in charge of the Definition of Architecture for all the projects that they use Oracle Database, Oracle R.A.C., Oracle Golden Gate or Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Support to development teams.
- Design of ETL Process: It includes the study of Requirements Definition and understanding of business workflow.
- Management of relations between Isban and Produban, about any issue relationed with Oracle.
- Testing New Solutions.
- Specific Tuning Study for the Application that it supports the Basel normative.
- Design of corporative DataWarehouse for Germany (120TB). Implementation on Oracle Exadata using Oracle Real Application Clusters.
- ETL and ELT using Oracle Data Integrator. Replication from DB2 using Oracle Golden Gate.
8/2011 – 5/2013Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Description of the environment: 800 Oracle Instances. This is a multi-platform environment, with every possible Oracle Architecture. This job require a strong comprehension of Oracle Architecture and Oracle Internals. Main tasks:
• Advanced installation and configuration of Oracle RAC 11gR2: RAC one Node, RAC of two-four nodes, Extended geographic RAC.
• Advanced installation and configuration of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
• Design and configuration of high availability environments on Oracle Active DataGuard.
• Implementation of Oracle Exadata and Exalogic
• High and Advanced Administration of Oracle VLDB (Very Large Database)
• High-Level Incidents Resolve.
• Test Disaster Recovery.
• Replication: Oracle Golden Gate. Installation and configuration.
• Architecture definition.
• Migration and Upgrade of Oracle components: CRS, Database Software, ASM; including patch application (PSU, CPU)
• Reporting and Documenting.
• Advanced Tuning and Monitoring
• Proactive mechanisms design to the environment.
• Advanced tracing of SQL.
• Advanced programming of Shell Scripting
2/2008 – 7/2011Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Senior Oracle Database Administrator/Data Architect in BANKIA, a Spanish first level financial entity. Main tasks:
- Advanced installation, configuration of Oracle products.
- Design of schedule processes, using Shell scripting programming to maintenance and automation tasks.
- Design of Backup/Restore Policy. Test of disaster recovery. Backup and recovery strategy using RMAN.
- Patch application (CPUs, PSUs)
- Advanced Trace routines: Events (10046,10053,…) and SQL TRACE.
- Advanced Tuning: SGA, Parameters, Structure, SQL Statements.
- Advanced Offline and Online reorganization. (Online with DBMS_REDEFINITION)
- Support to development teams.
- Definition and Design Oracle architecture.
- Administration of Oracle Instances, Oracle R.A.C, R.AC. one Node, Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Oracle ASM.
- High Availability with Oracle DataGuard: Physical Standby and Logical Standby.
- ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) with Oracle Golden Gate.
- Integration with IBM DB2/z on Z/os . (Transparent Gateway)
- Monitoring: Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11g, and Cloud Control 12c.
- Advanced programming of Oracle PL/SQL Packages, procedures and Triggers to efficient administration.
- Migration and Upgrade of Oracle components: CRS, Database Software, ASM
- Auditing users and process: Using Audit Vault and DataVault.
- Advanced compression.
- Performance Database using AWR, ADDM and ASH. Check for improve performance.
- Testing Oracle Exadata.
4/2006 – 2/2008Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
- Installation and configuration of Oracle products
- Creation of structure’s elements as tables, index, packages, procedures.
- Creation of users, roles, FGA Access. Design Security Policy in collaboration with Security Department.
- Design of Data Models using Oracle Designer.
- Design of Backup/Restore Policy using RMAN.
- Oracle Tuning: SGA, Parameters, Structure, SQL Statements.
- Advanced programming of Oracle PL/SQL Packages, procedures of Triggers to efficient administration.
- Resolve incidents and bugs.
- Manage ORA-00600/ORA-07445
- Performance SQL Statements. Detecting and resolving bad execution’s plans.
- Metric configuration, proactive tasks and detecting poor performance using Oracle Grid Control.
2/2000 – 3/2006Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
- Installation of Oracle Products in Testing Environments
- Programing SQL Statements: Query Design and Optimal performance. EXPLAIN PLAN, OPTIMIZER MODE and HINTS.
- Programing of Packages and Procedures
- First contact with Oracle Administration. Over the years, I was educated in Oracle University in the Administration and Tuning of Oracle 9i Database.
- Shell Scripting.
- Relationship Model Design: Oracle Designer.
- UML: Data Model with Rational Rose, using Unified Model Language.
In Indra, I participated on projects around the world: South America and Europe, always as Junior DBA and PL/SQL Programmer on the Development Team.
I like working on critical production environments, because it's the way to demonstrate my capacity and knowledge. My desire is to be a better professional day by day, learning and discovering new technologies, because I think an IT engineer has to effort for learning everyday.