Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
5/2021 – 4/2023Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Commercial Due Diligence & equity strategy for majority shareholder incl.:
o Assessment of company strategy, product & technology, marketing & sales strategy, sales pipeline as well as business plan
o Interviews with all stakeholders, analysis of market and competitive environment and evaluation of synergies with parent company
o Recommendation to redefine strategy and to initiate M&A process due to missing strategic fit with parent organization
Redefinition of strategy and development of Mid-term business plan
o Focusing of the company to one main product
o Strengthening of differentiation by focusing an emerging market segment requiring distinct technical capabilities
o Resource assessment and planning of the growth organization
o Development of Budget and Mid-term business plan
Preparation of M&A process
o Development and implementation of a reporting format incl. SaaS typical Key Performance Indicators
o Set-up and implementation of a controlling process with focus on KPIs, e.g. MRR, Conversion, Renewal, Churn, customer lifetime value & customer acquisition cost etc.
o Drafting of an investment memorandum, selection of the M&A advisor and preparation of the Data room
Betriebliches Rechnungswesen, Break-Even-Analyse, Cash-Flow-Analyse, Controlling, Finanzen (allg.), Finanzierungsmodelle, Investition / Desinvestition, Investmentberatung, Mergers / Acquisitions, Strategische Unternehmensplanung, Unternehmensbewertung, Unternehmensstrategie
8/2017 – 6/2019Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
• Post-merger integration of a newly acquired exhibition portfolio in Brazil for an international organizer of B2B fairs
• Assumption of CFO tasks, e.g. budget preparation, mid-term plan, monthly cash flow forecast and year-end financial statements for the subsidiary
• Execution and - in cooperation with a tax advisor - tax optimization of the post-closing actions agreed upon in the purchase agreement
• On-boarding and training of the Management team
• Implementation of corporate processes and guidelines
• Structuring and negotiation of a revised cooperation model with the Brazilian partner, by which the shareholder rights of the partner are replaced by a right to a share in the revenue of the subsidiary
• Corporate investment management for the Brazilian subsidiary
Change Management, Projekt - Berichtswesen, Projektmanagement, Mergers / Acquisitions
10/2000 – 1/2017Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Investment Management und End-2-End Verantwortung für 10 BeteiligungsunternehmenEingesetzte Qualifikationen
Beteiligungen, Finanzanalyse, Management (allg.), Markteintrittsstrategien, Mergers / Acquisitions, Recht (allg.), Strategische Unternehmensplanung, Vertriebswege
My expertise is based on my experience as Private Equity Manager with more than 40 buy-side & sell side M&A transactions and fund raisings, numerous Due Diligences and Top Management consulting projects, the operational management of two Post Merger Integration projects and - last but not least - the experience from 15 years of accompanying the growth processes of a more than a dozen digital and HighTech companies with hands-on support in strategy development, market entry, business development, change and transformation projects.
Having worked on four continents, in different legislations, entrepreneurial cultures and with companies in different stages and sizes, from start-up to large corporate, enables me to adapt to different environments and new situations fast and empowers me to successfully support my clients and to achieve superior results.
As my personal strengths I consider my persistence in achieving goals, my strong analytical skills, my ability to motivate myself and others and my aspiration to not just think strategically, but to act and implement.
o Deep knowledge in finance and accounting, budget planning, business modeling, financial and cash-flow forecasting, definition and tracking of KPIs
o Profound know-how in all aspects of Mergers & Acquisitions, from due diligence, contract negotiation and closing to portfolio management and exit facilitation
o Hands-on experience in international Post-Merger Integration projects
o Sound comprehension of technology and extensive experience with digital business models and in building growth companies
o Familiar with working in different environments, from international early stage start-ups to “Mittelstand” and Corporate environment
o Excellent track record as investor with a realized return of approx. 200 % of capital invested and an IRR of approx. 15% p.a.
• Top management consulting knowledge in strategy, cost reduction, process design and change management
• Good understanding of several high-tech sectors (IT / Software, eCommerce / Media, Sustainability / Energy efficiency) and the in automotive industry
• International work experience in UK, USA, Brazil and Board of Director as well as Investment experience in DACH, USA, Israel and France