Databases Administrator and Engineer
Data Warehouse Architect
Business Inelegance Expert
Datawarehouse / DWH
Microsoft SQL-Server (MS SQL)
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Business Intelligence (BI)
Engineering data management (EDM)
Projekt‐ & Berufserfahrung
IT & Entwicklung
7/2019 – 8/2020Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Work as a Solutions Architect with customers to identify and translate their business requirements into solutions and services combining hands-on expertise and latest data solutions and analytics technologies. Develop the optimal architecture and delivery approach, including development and implementation plan, technology and tools selection. Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live". Solutions include the data diversity and advanced analytics, such as (big) data engineering, data architecture and modeling, machine learning, data interaction and visualization.Eingesetzte Qualifikationen
Apache Hadoop, Big Data, Data Mining, Datawarehouse / DWH, ETL, Microsoft SQL-Server (MS SQL), Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters), PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Siemens AG, Berlin
Öl- und Gasindustrie
4/2017 – 6/2019Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Lead Data Architect and Engineer for IoT System development project. Design, develop and maintain highly scalable and high-volume Big Data Platform in Amazon Could (AWS). Develop new data lake based on S3/EMR, Redshift, Spectrum, RDS PostgreSQL, Aurora and Java/SQL API. Migrate 40TB of data from on-premise legacy data platform based on Hadoop HDFS/Hive and Teradata to AWS, include data re-modeling and conversion. Develop data pipelines / ETL processes for daily and real-time data ingestions. Design and develop scalable and high-volume Data Warehouse on Redshift Cluster for advanced analytics and customer facing business intelligence.Eingesetzte Qualifikationen
Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT), Datawarehouse / DWH, ETL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
DaWanda GmbH, Berlin
12/2016 – 4/2017Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Conception and implementation of Data Warehouse system based on PostgreSQL including ETL processes by Talend and Reports/Data Visualization by Tableau. Analysing and evaluating the requirements and business processes, identifying KPI and business data measures, designing dimensional model with continues integration.Eingesetzte Qualifikationen
Business Intelligence (BI), Datawarehouse / DWH, Tableau, ETL, PostgreSQL
Nexon Europe GmbH, Berlin
9/2015 – 11/2016Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Managed DBA Team and related project, lead the successful delivery of complex IT Infrastructure and business solution project from planning, design to implementation. Defined work processes, technologies, policies and standards to provide efficient support and projects delivery.
• Build new Data Warehouse and BI environment, defined reports and data monitoring requirements, performed logical/physical design and data modeling, defined and developed ETL processes with data normalization and cleanup, developed dashboards, data visualization and tabular reports. Used technologies: SQL Server 2016, SSIS, SSAS, and Tableau
• Develop and implement new databases backups to Cloud Storage (Amazon S3/Glacier), defined backup strategy to provide high availability and disaster recovery, developed backup procedures to backup databases and upload to cloud storage with history retention and validation.
• Infrastructure consolidation: Merge DB servers and instances, clean database and improve data flow processes (SQL jobs, SSIS), capacity planning in order to reduce infrastructure resources usage (Storage, Network Traffic, Servers and Licenses).
• Build monitoring system by Zabbix to monitor infrastructure, availability and business data metrics.
• Data migration projects: supported data migration projects to partners Data Center, with data conversion, defined and developed procedures for business data migration and security
Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), Datawarehouse / DWH, Data Mining, mySQL, Microsoft SQL-Server (MS SQL)
Aeria Games GmbH, Berlin
10/2013 – 9/2015Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Manage more than 100 high transactional mission-critical production database environments
(Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL), BI/DWH ETL processes and DB environments, BI/Reporting Tools:
• Implemented backups for high transactional MSSQL 2008R2 Servers with storage in Amazon S3, developed automatic procedures for transaction log maintenance.
• Implemented new ETL and BI procedures by Pentaho DI and automatic ETL processes in Perl
• Developed BI and Reporting environment based on Amazon Redshift with PostgreSQL/NoSQL DBMS and Tableau BI Analytic Tool, implemented automatic data uploads to AWS by using S3 API in Perl.
• Tuned MSSQL Servers for performance improvement and efficiency, optimized databases to meet high availability requirements
• Participated as lead DBA in MSSQL Servers virtualization and databases merge, provided capacity planning, database scalability for performance impact of data volume growth.
• Implemented Oracle backups by RMAN, and replication to standby environment by Data Guard
• Managed Amazon AWS environments, S3 storage, RDS instances, EC2 Servers and Redshift
• Administrated Hadoop Cluster, designed data models and Map Reduce data aggregations, data loads
• Managed MySQL Master to Master cluster with MySQL MMM Control and Load Balancer
• Managed Problem, Incident and Change tickets, and implemented/monitored database changes.
Tableau, Datawarehouse / DWH, Business Intelligence (BI), Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters), mySQL, Microsoft SQL-Server (MS SQL), Windows Server (allg.), Linux Einführung
William Hill Plc., Tel Aviv
4/2012 – 10/2013Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Managed large-scale mission-critical OLAP/DWH/ETL Databases Environments and Business Applications, provided daily operations for Front/Backend Office and overall infrastructure environment:
• Managed Oracle RAC 10.2 with Oracle ASM on Solaris 10 and EMC Storage's
• Administrated MS SQL Server 2000 with merge replication on Windows Server 2003
• Lead MS SQL Server migration to version 2008, include DTS rewriting and SSIS development
• Provided Incidents, Defects and Change Requests Management, Development and Implementation
• Performed Database Clones by RMAN Images, developed automatic data sync by Data Pump
• Administrated Oracle ASM storage disks, provided capacity planning, managed large database partitions, administrated regular data cleanup.
• Maintained mission-critical ETL processes, tuned for performance improvement, efficiency enhancements and high availability.
• Managed large data conversions and migrations, developed automatic data feed extracts and loads.
• Provided Performance monitoring and tuning for applications processes, complex queries and reports
• Managed Back/Front-end Offices and Automatic Systems Reports, developed complex SQL queries
• Administrated Glassfish Application Server; provided troubleshooting and debugging by SOAP.
• Assisted and Maintained implementation and migration process for a new BI and Back-end System.
• Provided System exercises for a new project, assisted management on infrastructure and application issues, provided architecture design and data modeling.
• Assisted R&D team on best technical practices, supported developers and QA teams
Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), Datawarehouse / DWH, Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters), Oracle (allg.), Microsoft SQL-Server (MS SQL), Hardware Entwicklung, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server (allg.), Oracle Application Server (OC4J), IT-Support (allg.), Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager), Migration, Storage, Systems Engineering, SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
Zimory GmbH, Berlin
3/2011 – 4/2012Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Technical Lead and Senior Database Expert in R&D project of IaaS Cloud Management Software:
• Managed projects implementations and development activities, prepared and implemented a planned set of activities to achieve the projects scope to timescale and quality specification.
• Assisted Sales Team with the project’s technical concept and provided the products demonstrations.
• Designed and facilitated the expansion and improvement of the applications architecture and its components, build and maintain methodologies and technical procedures.
• Provided expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design and functionality, modeling the transactional workloads and consistency architecture.
• Developed and implemented advanced database replications (mostly Oracle to non-Oracle) based on Log Miner, Oracle Streams/XStreams and Redo reading/parsing.
• Designed and developed the Oracle SQL Statement Parsing by ANTLR/Java, include data conversions.
Oracle (allg.), SQL, Hardware Entwicklung, Software Design, Java (allg.), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), Konzeption (IT), Rechnergestütztes Betriebsleitsystem (RBL), Filtertechnik, Management (allg.), Public Relations, Design (allg.), Adobe InDesign, Übersetzung, Forschung & Entwicklung (allg.)
Vodafone / Hewlett-Packard, Budapest
4/2006 – 3/2011Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Lead Oracle DBA and Infrastructure Expert in On-Going Support Team for Telecom Billing, Customer Management and CRM Systems. Responsible for delivery of consulting/technical services throughout all phases of the project life-cycle from conception, planning, implementation, post-implementation and through to production:
• Managed, monitored and administrated Oracle VLDB in 24/7 complex mission-critical environments.
• Ensured production availability, performance and stability
• Administrated Oracle RAC with ASM on EMC storage and Databases on VERITAS cluster
• Maintained Data Guard environment, re-configured replications for efficiency enhancements
• Managed DWH environments, tuned ETL processes for data availability and performance improvement
• Administrated production databases weekly clones by EMC-BCV, implemented cloned data encryption.
• Performed backups and recovery by RMAN and VERITAS, adjusted backup plans for high availability
• Provided database optimizations and adjustments according to business and applications requirements
• Reorganized database storage's and resources, provided regular capacity planning and cleaning
• Responsible for revision and deploying database changes, SW patches and releases.
• Provided database logical/physical structure troubleshooting, supervised on structure/data changes
• Configured database security and auditing according to SOX compliance.
• Developed and maintained automatic data conversion from MS SQL Server to Oracle Databases.
• Implemented various infrastructure tools for automate database processing and better utilization's
• Assisted with application design and data modeling, provided technical consulting expertise.
• Developed PL/SQL store procedures, provided debugging/revision, assisted developers on best practices
• Provided basis tuning and revision to developers on their SQL queries and PL/SQL codes
• Analyzed complex issues; improved and adapted new methods and techniques
• Responsible for Software Configuration, administrated daily builds and deployments.
• Administrated application versions releases, deliveries and production deployment.
• Provided Incidents, Change Requests and Problem management for internal and client-facing platforms
• Performed performance analyzing and tuning for various OLTP applications and batch processes.
• Supervised on naming conventions and documentations of all the topics related to overall team activities
Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Datawarehouse / DWH, Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters), Oracle Data Guard, Oracle (allg.), Microsoft SQL-Server (MS SQL), CRM Beratung (allg.), Hardware Entwicklung, IT Sicherheit (allg.), Qualitätsmanagement / QS / QA (IT), SAP IS-RE, SAP Beratung (allg.), PL/SQL, 24/7 Support, IT-Support (allg.)
Amdocs Inc., Tel Aviv
5/2003 – 4/2006Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Application and Infrastructure technical support for various Telecom Billing customer delivery projects:
• Provided full application life-cycle support in production and R&D projects for various European and Asian Large Telecom customers
• Ensured successful delivery of solutions to technical expectations, including high availability, efficient code usage, application releases
• Prepared logical/physical models for new projects include capacity calculations and growth planning.
• Tuned OLTP/Batch applications processes and databases for performance and efficiency enhancements
• Prepared and deployed database backups/recovery and fail-over strategies.
• Managed application versions, performed revision and deployment of data and structure changes
• Developed scripts for production upgrade and patching, managed data conversions by Data Stage.
• Installed new Oracle software on various platforms; Build and configure databases and network.
• Configured databases and UNIX servers according application requirements
• Managed database clones for PET systems by EMC-BCV.
• Managed internal and external data feeds, responsible for Data Integrity and Quality.
• Developed, maintained and tuned infrastructure tools for QA and R&D teams.
• Mentored and provided oversight and backup for the production environments.
• Produced and maintained documented operational procedures and diagrams (ERD).
• Assisted with the design, development and maintenance of the application support tools.
Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Oracle (allg.), Hardware Entwicklung, UNIX, IT-Support (allg.), Back up / Recovery, Telekommunikation / Netzwerke (allg.)
ACS Ltd, Tel Aviv
6/2000 – 5/2003Tätigkeitsbeschreibung
Served as Oracle Professional for varicose IT Infrastructure projects:
• Provide architecture, consulting, and implementation for database availability and tuning projects.
• Designed and implemented database backup and recovery by RMAN and Hot/Cold methods.
• Maintained RMAN repository and implemented high availability architecture.
• Participated as lead DBA in Oracle migration projects
• Evaluated applications for a new Oracle version, analyzed risks and impacts
• Tuned databases and application processes for performance improvement as post migration phase
• Reorganize database storage’s, maintained table spaces and database resources.
• Designed and setting up standby databases for high availability improvement.
• Administrated Oracle products, installations, patches and upgrades
• Managed UNIX Solaris OS, partitioned and mounted disks, configured network and SAMBA
• Developed scripts for automated data processing and control in Perl and UNIX Shell scripts
Oracle (allg.), Hardware Entwicklung, UNIX, SAP Beratung (allg.), Samba, Shell (CSH), Perl, Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager), Migration, Storage, Back up / Recovery, Telekommunikation / Netzwerke (allg.), IT-Beratung (allg.), Management (allg.)
(Bachelor of Science)
• OS: Unix (HP, Solaris, AIX), Linux (RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu), Windows Server
• Replication/Disaster Recovery: Log Miner, Oracle Streams, Data Guard
• High Availability/Scalability: Oracle RAC, ASM, Clustering, Hyper-V, VMware, AlwaysOn, Galera
• Backup/Recovery: RMAN, Veritas NetBackup, Legato, EMC-BCV, LVM Snapshots, XtraBackup
• Configuration/Monitoring: OEM, Grid Control, Quest, Precise, Nagios/Icinga, Zabbix
• ETL: Pentaho, Talend, MS SSIS, Matillion, Glue, Informatica
• BI: Tableau, MS SSRS, MS BI/Power BI, QlickView
• Cloud: Amazon AWS, Azure, GCP
• Scripting: Perl, Shell, PowerShell, PL/SQL and SQL/T-SQL
• Programming: Java, J2EE, ANTLR, Agile/Scrum
• Proficient with ITIL Fundamentals