We are seeking an experienced Technical Cloud Architect to accelerate delivery of new Smart Manufacturing cloud solutions that integrate the design, engineering, manufacturing and quality activities of the product lifecycle.
The successful candidate will hold primary responsibility to plan, architect and deploy - and work with the Business Units to develop - advanced cloud software solutions that complement and extend the current software solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of approaching challenges innovatively ideally in the manufacturing environment. Strong interpersonal skills are also a critical success factor for this role. Candidates must be able to "get in the trenches" to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment to drive all aspects of this business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Technical Cloud Architect's responsibilities and duties include:
* Plan, architect and deploy secure, dynamically scalable, highly available, and reliable cloud applications
* Select appropriate managed cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
* Work with the BUs to design and develop the cloud applications
* Migrate complex, multi-tier applications on to Azure and/or AWS
* Provide software architecture and technical leadership to the cloud product and service teams
* Evaluate and recommend reference architectures, architectural patterns, technologies, and processes to ensure an effective cloud product platform
* Advise stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions
* Lead the overall cloud solution with respect to architecture and high-level design in the areas of security, scaling, networking, virtualization, identity, business continuity, disaster recovery, and data platform
* Ensure that business objectives with respect to cloud security and scaling are achieved
* Design cloud-native microservice architectures and orchestration solutions for deployment of applications
* Specify an API gateway strategy and determine policies for internal and external consumption of APIs
* Determine appropriate compute technologies, including virtual machines, app services, service Fabric, functions, containers, and container orchestration
* Work with a team of application developers, architects, and designers in the BUs to deliver innovative technology solutions using public/private cloud services
* Establish an approximate level-of-effort and staffing requirements for complex development projects
* Ensure that solutions created by the development team adhere to architectural standards
* Responsible for developing proof-of-concepts and software design reviews
* Lead technical discussions and architecture planning
* Define standard operating procedures for cloud operations in the organization
* Remain current on emerging technology trends and promote an environment of learning
* Contribute to top-level strategic thinking, helping to deliver the clients' overall smart manufacturing vision.
Qualifications and Skills
The desired qualifications and skills of the Technical Cloud Architect are:
* Advanced degree in Computer Science
* 3+ years hands-on experience architecting, designing, and deploying B2B cloud applications on Azure and/or AWS
* Experience working on complex software projects
* Proven ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementing, deploying, and provisioning applications on Azure and/or AWS
* Demonstrated ability to design a hybrid cloud architecture using key Azure and/or AWS technologies
* Direct experience providing guidance on architecture and high-level design across multiple applications and enterprise projects
* Demonstrated ability to map business objectives to application and architecture requirements
* Firsthand experience with continuous integration and deployment processes
* Strong understanding of the foundation concepts and services of Azure and AWS
* Excellent communication skills with ability to use architectural patterns, reference architectures, and multi-perspective architectural diagrams to document and explain complex systems and environments
* Expert knowledge of patterns such as command and query responsibility segregation (CQRS), event sourcing, materialized view, publisher/subscriber, queue-based load leveling, and eventual consistency
* Experience with enterprise IT technologies and processes for security, networking, virtualization, identity, role-based access control, business continuity, disaster recovery, data storage, budgeting, and governance
* Hand on experience of distributed infrastructures
* Extensive OS knowledge of Unix/Linux
* Familiarity with mobile application development
* Ability to build applications using microservices architecture
* Performance tuning of cloud-based applications for best performance and uptime
* Start: ASAP
* Location: North America or Europe
* Duration: 6-12 Months + possible Extension
* Language: English
We're looking forward to your application. Contact us online.
Als registriertes Mitglied von freelance.de können Sie sich direkt auf dieses Projekt bewerben.
- - erste Brand von SThree, Erfahrung seit 1986
- - Umfassendes Know-How im IT-Umfeld
- - Abdeckung nahezu aller Märkte in der IT
- - Datenbank mit > 1 Mio. Tech Kandidaten
- - 25 Standorte weltweit
Sie suchen Freelancer?
Schreiben Sie Ihr Projekt aus und erhalten Sie noch heute passende Angebote.Jetzt Projekt erstellen