The Project BIAS Innovation and Run has many components and providing run responsibilities for Business Intelligence and Archiving Solutions (BIAS) area where many SAP and non-SAP systems are administered for the run side whilst providing innovation in
the same area.
• Consultation with regard to Technical Solutions most suitable for the client’s SAP BW system based on business requirements which are requested via ServiceNow (SNOW) or SAP Solution Manager from the business. Clarification of the requirements can be conducted with the business using O365 tools. All solutions will be signed off by the client
• Implementing the solution from SAP and non SAP source systems into BW and providing new as well as enhancing current business reporting using SAP Technologies based on business requirements which are requested via ServiceNow (SNOW) or SAP Solution Manager. Clarification of the requirements can be conducted with the business using O365 tools. All solutions will be signed off by the client; frequency: irregular, depending on business demand
• Provision of Technical Solutions for the migration of the client’s SAP BW system to
BW4HANA using SAP’s recommended methods and best practices. Input will be provided via the Project Manager for this topic via MS DevOps. All solutions will be signed off by the Project Manager and the client
• Undertaking quality control for developments implemented by offshore teams into the BW system. These developments would be BW specific n nature with a strong ABAP flavour. The standards required are available in the client’s Development Guidelines and SAP industry standard. Conduct this control using O365 tools. Provide all comments (positive or negative) to the client Application Manager who will take the recommendations back to the offshore team to implement before Application Manager and the client sign off.
• Provision of professional advice and guidance to offshore teams to supplement and enhance business functional requirements using SAP BW technologies based on previous experience in SAP industry standard best practices and the offshore team’s inefficiencies. Provision of advice to the client’s IT Application Management for consideration via O365 tools and ever ongoing process.
• Service Management - using ServiceNow (SNOW) application to initiate SAP BW system changes for BASIS team implementation. These changes will be the recommendation given from SAP’s Early Watch reports, SAP OSS Note ticketing system only. Managing the change in the SNOW system: administering: creating & closing the tickets, also agreeing time windows for implementing this change in agreement with the client and external vendor. All changes are implemented and tested by the external vendor.
• BW System Small Enhancements - managing the small business enhancements using Microsoft Azure DevOps. These enhancements will be provided from business via O365 tools, all solutions provided will be tested by the business before they sign off
• Cloud Management - using Microsoft Azure Portal - monitor the client’s SAP BW system is running optimally by viewing statistics provided by MS Azure about how the system is performing. Present any recommendations or areas of concern to the client Application Management who will consult with HACT (Hosting and Cloud Technology) team for implementation
• Maintenance / Upgrades - reviewing SAP Early Watch Reports (EWAs) of the BW system and providing recommendations based on these reports to keep the system running optimally and not running out of maintenance for its software / infrastructure. Talking to SAP
regarding implementation of patches / upgrades / security notes using SAP’s OSS ticketing system. Provide all recommendations to the client’s Application Manager who’s responsibility is to consult with DXC Technology for implementation
• Data Sources & Targets - managing the Data sources (SAP and non SAP) being extracted to the BW system and Data Targets (Data Lake, Qliksense, Tagetik, SAP BO, SAP SAC, POWER BI, Tableau) which retrieve data from the BW system. This includes checking that the BW system is extracting data optimally from source systems and there is no conflicts with other BI systems extracting the same data. For data targets managing the data being extracted out of the BW system, if it is being extracted optimally and informing the system owners of these target systems in case of any areas of concern - provide all of these using O365 tools.
Experience of Consultant:
• Deep experience in SAP BI systems (BW/ BO).
• Consultant must have vast experience of SAP BW Systems and technologies for BW 7.5, BW4HANA plus experience of HANA development.
• Have experience of a number of SAP BW implementations and migrating to BW4HANA.
• Have a very good knowledge of HR BW solutions.
• Consultant must have extensive expertise of ABAP programming and related SAP Programming methodologies.
• A good knowledge of SQL programming.
• A very good knowledge of SAP Business Objects technologies (Analysis For Office, Lumira, WEBi) and a good knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud.
• Experience of Web Dynpro is preferable.
• Have good experience and knowledge of ITIL practices including Service Management, Agile Project Methodologies and MS Office 365.
• Experience of managing SAP Systems in a Cloud Platform (SAP HEC, AWS, MS Azure as examples). Consultant should have excellent communication skills and proficiency in both English and German.
Project start: ASAP
Project duration: 18+ months
Project location: Remote (potentially 2-3 days onsite in Düsseldorf or Hannover from 2022)
Als registriertes Mitglied von freelance.de können Sie sich direkt auf dieses Projekt bewerben.